Crossing The Tyne Festival Programme
UPDATE: Thurs 23 August
The Festival Programme is might have one or two more tweaks but is pretty well finalised!
Playing on The Ferry?
Performance “turnaround times” on the Ferry are very tight!
Some good advice from Ray Rowley, Host for “Music on The Ferry”, to make sure that you get maximum “play time” on The Ferry:
- Board the ferry BEFORE the crossing you are actually playing on.
- The best plan is to board from the same side that you will be playing your slot – which means 30 mins before your “gig-crossing”, eg.
- catch 11:30 Ferry from North Shields to perform on 12:00 crossing from North Shields to South Shields;
- catch 11:45 Ferry from South Shields to perform on 12:15 crossing from South Shields to North Shields;
- catch 12:00 Ferry from North Shields to perform on 12:30 crossing from North Shields to South Shields;
- catch 12:15 Ferry from South Shields to perform on 12:45 crossing from South Shields to North Shields;
- There is a page on the Nexus website with Ferry Times and a Ferry Timetable with maps and directions to the Ferry Landings that you can download.
- Timed playlists for “North to South Crossings” and “South to North Crossings” to help you to plan to get to the Ferry on time: DOWNLOAD FERRY CROSSING PLAYLISTS
- Late arrivals: if you do NOT manage to follow Ray’s Cunning Plan as above then you need to board as quickly as possible:
- do not just wait in line
- alert the Ferry Crew that you are due to play on the Ferry
- they will give you quick passage to the left of the Ferry Queue
- be aware that even with this help, that if you are late and then take too long to set up on stage that you might still miss your chance to play
- Free Ferry travel “Pop Cards“ have been provided by Nexus for Performers on the Ferry. These are normally £5 to buy and have been pre-loaded with £2.80 worth of travel credit, ie. a “Ferry Day Saver Ticket”. (Keep them or give them to someone else afterwards! The car itself is still worth £5 and you can add more credits to it!)
- Festival “Pop Card” Bunny! Katie will be travelling to and fro on the Ferry all afternoon with the Pop Cards. She will have a list of who is playing on the Ferry and will get off at each landing to greet performers and hand over Pop Cards.
- Check in with Ray when you arrive so he can confirm what you need on stage and he can get it set up in time.
- DOWNLOAD THESE TIPS