Crossing The Tyne Festival Programme
The Festival Programme is taking shape and is being continually updated with new venues and details!
Steve Willis, Festival Organiser, is hard at work putting the “rotational plan” for Performers together – we know lots of you like to make the most of the day by playing at more than one venue!
This is a particular challenge when people are playing on The Ferry and on dry land – making sure you have time to get to the Ferry for your slot.
Playing on The Ferry?
Performance “turnaround times” on the Ferry are very tight!
Some good advice from Ray Rowley, Host for “Music on The Ferry”, to make sure that you get maximum “play time” on The Ferry:
- Board the ferry BEFORE the crossing you are actually playing on.
- The best plan is to board from the same side that you will be playing your slot – which means 30 mins before your “gig-crossing”, eg.
- catch 11:30 Ferry from North Shields to perform on 12:00 crossing from North Shields to South Shields;
- catch 11:45 Ferry from South Shields to perform on 12:15 crossing from South Shields to North Shields;
- catch 12:00 Ferry from North Shields to perform on 12:30 crossing from North Shields to South Shields;
- catch 12:15 Ferry from South Shields to perform on 12:45 crossing from South Shields to North Shields;
- There is a page on the Nexus website with Ferry Times and a Ferry Timetable with maps and directions to the Ferry Landings that you can download.
- Check in with Ray when you arrive so he can confirm what you need on stage and he can get it set up in time.
- Timed playlists for “North to South Crossings” and “South to North Crossings” will be made available to help you to plan to get to the Ferry on time.
- Free Ferry travel “Pop Cards“ have been provided by Nexus for Performers on the Ferry – more info to follow!
We will be creating the Festival Facebook Events very soon and will be inviting “Co-Hosts”.
This year we are going to use a standard format for “Event Cover Banners” so that people can easily identify Crossing The Tyne Festival Events. (A couple of venues have already created Facebook Events so we might not hit the 100% mark on this one!)
Venue Hosts: please make full use of your Facebook Event to spread the word, invite friends. keep people updated, etc.
This is what the Facebook Event Banners will look like – very plain but all the info that anyone needs if just the image gets shared 🙂